WOMEN STEPPING OUT OF THE KITCHEN IS THE MAJOR REASON FOR HIGH RATE OF DIVORCE THESE DAYS.

       So I woke up this morning after sleeping very early yesterday and decided to visit facebook- I started visiting facebook again after such a long time. In the last 48 hours, I have seen different posts on what women should do and what they should not do, honestly it is now becoming boring seeing as there is always one thread or the other every day on twitter about this same topic, not forgetting the constant battle of the sexes on twitter. However, a certain post on facebook infuriated me that I had to reply and decided to write on it. The post talked about women not being equal as their husbands as the man was made master and women being an after thought by God, that animals were even created before the woman and oh of course you get these sort of posts from the very religious brothers who always back it up with a bible verse or two, our resident twitter pastors come to mind.

      Anyone who knows me, know that I will rather deal with an individual based on their character rather than their sex or race, not saying I am better than those who do otherwise but I really feel it's a lot easier and objective relating to people that way. The post I saw this morning talking about women being lesser beings than the man also had a sprinkle of marriage talk and how women trying to be more than what they are (whatever that means) being the major cause for divorce these days and then the usual threat of if your parents do not teach you well, your husband will send you back home bla bla.

 I have also seen posts about women refusing to stay in the kitchen as another problem, that women these days have refused to accept the kitchen as her place in the home and  that is why a lot of marriages have crashed these days lol. I somehow agree, maybe women stepping out of the kitchen these days is why a lot of marriages have crashed, maybe the heat became too much and they decided to step out instead of choking to death and have people blame them, maybe instead of staying in a kitchen coughing and choking because of bleached palm oil and pepper, they decided to step out for air after all na who dey alive dey chop ofada wey e cook.

      There are a lot of women in choked up kitchens aka marriages, coughing and choking to death just so the neighbors do not judge her for starving her family especially the children, yes the lovely children *side eye*, some have died in  the process yet same neighbors were the first to scream "why she no comot". Get me, I am not saying this is the case for all marriages or divorce cases, I do believe we have bad wives as much as we have bad husbands, I have never believed in leaving the responsibility of a successful marriage in the hands of one partner.

 The post I read this morning made me think of so many things, are marriages crashing because women are stepping out of choked kitchens? Are marriages crashing because women are now becoming more financially independent? Are marriages crashing because women are now wanting men not necessarily needing them? There is a whole lot of difference in wanting someone and needing someone, when you want someone, you will do as much as your power can to be with them but when you need someone or something, you will do all it takes even if it means choking to death.

      These days, women are becoming more financially independent (the best decision to be very honest) in a way that their husband's money is just a bonus to them not necessarily a means of survival and with this mentality, can step out whenever they feel like they are being choked. I grew up around strong women, heck my grandma who was like a god to me was one hell of a strong woman, illiterate she was but old girl was tough and could hold her ground anywhere and anytime, some I have seen lose themselves in marriage, some who decided to stay and work things out, some who left for their own sanity and yet some who were lucky to hack this marriage thing.

 I am not married so I can not say how it works but I certainly do know I want to marry a man who loves me as much as I love him, who sees us as a team not master and subordinate, a man who submitting to will be so natural because boy you can not be a waste pipe and expect a woman to submit to you, if you must quote the bible about submission, quote the bible about loving your wife just as Christ loves the church, bros J loved the church so much that he laid his life for the church.

How many of you can take bullet for your wife sef? I want to marry someone who sees me as a part of him and him as a part of me after all only me one na your rib, who we will be a force together and raise the next generation of husbands and wives, being the head of the home does not imply that your wife is any less than you, I mean we had course reps in University, that did not make their matriculation number more special than the rest of us course mates, it only meant someone was in charge of a team as should be! If you want your children to learn about love, love their mother, teach them love and how a family should be so they do not learn wrongly from the society, not all of us are lucky enough to unlearn and relearn what we thought was right.

      Finally, before you brag about women being an after thought to God, remember that the only thing you and Adam have in common is anatomy, if God never thought of a woman during creation, best believe he never thought of starting a human race, just maybe he wanted Adam as the ONLY human being in his garden so if you were formed in a woman's womb and your name is not Adam, the only man that was formed from dust, come sit with us in this corner of lesser human beings! Aloha *in aunt Zibbs voice*

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts