Letter to my future husband.

To my dearest,

I write this as I snack on my usual fried yams, I eat more than I add weight lol. It doesn't help that I run a food business. Anyway, I have always imagined what you would look like, I don't know what you look like but you have been on my mind for years lol. The thought of living the rest of my life opening my eyes to you almost every morning is both exciting and scary lol, the thought of bringing forth tiny human beings into the world, adapting to you and vice versa leaves me anxious. I have always written letters at age 18, 21 and now that I am 24 going on 25. For a 25 year old woman, I know what I want out of a partner. While I look forward to the big wedding day, gold wedding dress, bouquet, walking down the aisle to you, exchanging vows, kissing you in front of our parents and friends, the dance, food et al, the goal has always been to have an even more successful marriage than the wedding. The goal has been to get married and stay married after the glamour of the wedding.

I may be a sweet woman, loving, bubbly, caring and nice but I am also very annoying, I go quiet and alone for no reason at times when I'm in a bad mood, I over think stuff at times, I also know I am a stubborn woman with big dreams, I have worked hard for so many years to gradually shape myself into the woman I want to be, not there yet but there is a clear vision and purpose. I don't plan to change who you are, I'm certain I will fall in love with you the way you are, hopefully we get to help each other improve ourselves to be better versions of ourselves. What is the point of being together if we can not build, grow and win together?  Hopefully, we both understand the concept of sacrifice and how our actions daily can make or Mar our marriage, hopefully we always remember to put ego aside and be teammates not opponents.

I don't plan to complete you, I'm certain I will fall in love with a whole human being who understands that nobody can complete you except yourself. I don't plan to own you, love isn't possessive,hopefully the feeling is mutual. I have had heartbreaks and failed relationships and each one came with its own lesson/blessing, happy I went through those phases to bring me to the point where I meet you, who knows? I may even go through more lol. I'm certainly not the example of a perfect woman, I don't expect you to be perfect either but I hope to fall hopelessly in love with an imperfect man who knows I am also imperfect but we strive daily to make the perfect love story.

I enjoy cooking, hopefully you enjoy eating as much as I love cooking, I also hope you have some romance in your veins, boy I would love to wake up on some mornings to see my breakfast holding my breakfast, I would love to come home after a long day to foot rubs and dinner made by my better half (and even if I may have tasted better, yours will be the best to my taste buds)  I love to laugh and I laugh out so loud when I am happy, I love gifts a lot (both giving and receiving),  I love to be pampered and just be a big baby on some days, I love my alone time a lot too, I love romance and being touched, I love to touch too, I have a wild imagination, I love to talk but even better listening, I want to hear you speak, I would love to be your wife but even better if I am your wife and best friend, I will not take your trust for granted. I love children and I hope to have them some day, hopefully you love children and love making them. Hopefully you are a man with vision as to what legacy you want to leave behind for the generation we will create and beyond.

Till when that moment comes,

Love.


Comments

Popular Posts